We have 5 school values which we promote and share within our school community.
These are :
OUR CORE VALUES ARE:
• We value each child as an individual, with individual learning needs.
• We have high expectations for all in school including standards of behaviour.
• We believe in working hard, always doing our best and striving to improve.
• We recognise and respect the diversity of families within our community
• We respect the views, needs and property of others
• We value everyone’s contribution, particularly parents’, towards making our school a happy, safe and successful place.
• We value equality of opportunity.
OUR AIMS ARE:
• To provide the highest quality curriculum and experiences, within a safe and secure
environment in order for all children to strive and reach their full learning potential.
• To offer opportunities for children to value and foster relationships, in order to
understand everyone’s contributions towards making a positive and happy community.
• To develop lively, enquiring minds, to promote a love of learning in order to become lifelong, enthusiastic learners.
• To provide a range of practical and exciting situations, recognising individual learning styles in order to promote effective communication by all.
• To teach children to be able to apply new skills and knowledge in a variety of learning situations, so that everyone can be proud of their successes.
• To promote and encourage children to become independent learners.
• To develop self-awareness through becoming emotionally literate members of the
• To learn to appreciate each other’s talents and be sensitive to everyone’s needs.
• To provide learning opportunities to understand the need for a healthy lifestyle.
• To celebrate diversity and promote community cohesion and respect for all.
• To develop an understanding of the world and the responsibility for the environment.
At Meadowhead Infant School, we promote positive attitudes for pupils, staff, governors and parents. The school follows the guidelines set out by Blackburn with Darwen in promoting equal opportunities for all – regardless of age, gender, ability, ethnic origin or background.
We recognise that all staff and governors share responsibility for the implementation of the Public Sector Equality Duty with regards to discrimination, harassment and victimisation.