Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities, terms of appointment and Register of Interests for each Governor.
On March 18th 2016 the School Governance Constitution Regulations 2012 was amended so that all serving governors in maintained schools will be required to have an enhanced criminal records certificate (ECRC). This means that by 1st September 2016, all serving governors must have an enhanced CRC and from 1st April 2016 governing bodies must have applied for an ECRC within 21 days of election or appointment of a new governor.
We can confirm that all governors at Meadowhead Infant School have had this completed.
Meet Our Governors
Chair of Governors
- I have worked in local government for over 37 years in leisure & sports administration , youth & community services and in mainstream /further and higher Education as a senior manager, lecturer and a consultant.
- I am a serving Governor at Cedars Primary School and previously , I served as a governor at Beardwood Community High School
- I am passionate supporter of good causes, I have previously acted as a Trustee to a number of charitable organisations and I currently advising and supporting a local charity in Blackburn.
- I am committed to ensuring that the school and its workforce is supported and equipped to enable our pupils to develop their full potential.
Vice Chair of Governors
- I joined the governing body in September 2020 and am currently Chair of the Education Committee.
- I recently retired from local government having worked as a senior manager in the education sector for many years, supporting schools and families.
- I have always tried to offer something back to my community – I am currently Chair of Governors at Meadowhead Junior School and also previously served as a governor in a secondary school for many years. I served as a local councillor for eight years and have also been a listening volunteer for the Samaritans.
- I passionately believe in the importance of education and I am really looking forward to working with the other governors to ensure Meadowhead Infant school provides a high standard of education for all our pupils.
- I live in Blackburn and am co-opted governor.
- I joined after many years as a parent of several children who all attended the school.
- I was keen to give something back in return to give my support to the staff and children at the school .Also to help my understanding of the day to day life in the school, I am hoping with my age and experience I will be able to support the staff and the children be the best they can be .
- I have worked in Education since September 2004 which is now many years ago!
- My passion in Education is helping children read and develop a love of books.
- I have been working at Meadowhead Infants since Easter 2017 and I have loved every second of it.
- Prior to my appointment as Deputy Headteacher at Meadowhead Infants in April 2017 I was a teacher at a school in Darwen.
- The early years of school, I believe, are the most important and I am proud to help shape the lives of so many young people and support them in becoming kind, caring, ambitious and responsible citizens.
- I serve as am LA governor at Turton and Edgworth Primary School.
- I am married with two young children who keep me more than busy!
- I have 2 children, one whom attends the infant school.
- I came back to live in Blackburn 5 years ago after moving away from the area over 20 years ago.
- I have lived in Milton Keynes, France and Italy.
- I would love to live in Portugal.
- I am dedicated in my role as a parent governor to help the school reach its full potential.
- I am delighted to be the Staff Governor at Meadowhead Infant School. I have been a dedicated member of team Meadowhead for over 5 years now and have enjoyed a number of fulfilling roles in Key Stage 1 and across the wider school.
- More recently, I have joined the Year 2 team as a class teacher .
- Becoming a member of the governing body has added a new dimension to my role and created further opportunities for me to make a difference.
- I am the Maths Governor and play a role in the Governors' Policy Committee.
- I enjoy and thrive on the challenge that comes with every aspect of school life and am passionate about high quality education and each and every child reaching their full potential.
- Nothing but the best is good enough for the children and staff of Meadowhead Infant School.
- I became a parent governor in September 2020.
- Both my children have either attended, or attend Meadowhead Infants, so I feel like I have a personal connection with the school, as well as having the best interests of both parents and children at heart.
- I have lived in the area for 14 years.
- I have a background in the Sciences, and experience with children with additional needs.
- I am keen to learn about the organisation side of schools, and what keeps our schools happy and thriving
- As a governor my aim is to help the school make the progress we need, whilst retaining our school's structure and values
- I live in the local area and my children have attended Meadowhead infants.
We have just appointed a new Co-opted governor and further details will follow shortly.
We also have one parent governor vacancy and one co-opted governor vacancy.
Mrs Allison Chadwick, the Headteacher of Meadowhead Junior School attends meetings as an observer and so does Sarah Allen, our Acting Deputy Headteacher.
A Statement by the Governors
In the interests of transparency, all schools are required to publish an annual statement setting out the key issues that have been faced and addressed by the governing body over the last year, including an assessment of the impact of the governing body on the school.
Here is our annual report for 2017-18 and priorities for 2018-19.