Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities, terms of appointment and Register of Interests for each Governor.
On March 18th 2016 the School Governance Constitution Regulations 2012 was amended so that all serving governors in maintained schools will be required to have an enhanced criminal records certificate (ECRC). This means that by 1st September 2016, all serving governors must have an enhanced CRC and from 1st April 2016 governing bodies must have applied for an ECRC within 21 days of election or appointment of a new governor.
We can confirm that all governors at Meadowhead Infant School have had this completed.
Meet Our Governors
Chair of Governors
- I have worked in local government for over 37 years in leisure & sports administration , youth & community services and in mainstream /further and higher Education as a senior manager, lecturer and a consultant.
- I am a serving Governor at Cedars Primary School and previously , I served as a governor at Beardwood Community High School
- I am passionate supporter of good causes, I have previously acted as a Trustee to a number of charitable organisations and I currently advising and supporting a local charity in Blackburn.
- I am committed to ensuring that the school and its workforce is supported and equipped to enable our pupils to develop their full potential.
Vice Chair of Governors
- Julie is a proud Mum of two sons and works at Blackburn College teaching on the BA in Joint Honours with Politics.
- Hobbies include walking the family dog with her husband and her favourite subject at school was singing.
- Favourite things about being a governor are seeing how much the children enjoy learning new things at school, and working alongside all of the dedicated and hardworking staff who make such an important impact on the lives of pupils.
- I live in Blackburn and am co-opted governor.
- I joined after many years as a parent of several children who all attended the school.
- I was keen to give something back in return to give my support to the staff and children at the school .Also to help my understanding of the day to day life in the school, I am hoping with my age and experience I will be able to support the staff and the children be the best they can be .
- I have worked in Education for 25 years as a teacher with specialism in Early Years (3-7 years). Prior to my appointment as Headteacher at Meadowhead Infants in April 2014 I was Assistant Headteacher at a primary school in Blackburn.
- The early years of school, I believe, are the most important and I am proud to have helped shape the lives of so many young people and support them in becoming kind, caring, ambitious and responsible citizens.
- I served as a governor from the 1990s to 2008 at a primary school in Darwen and was for the last two years, the Chair of Governors.
- I am married with two grown-up children and I live in Darwen. I have one grandson who is 2 years old.
- Singing is a passion and I am a member of a ladies Barbershop chorus and we came fourth in the National Competition in Harrogate 2018.
- I have 2 children, one whom attends the infant school.
- I came back to live in Blackburn 5 years ago after moving away from the area over 20 years ago.
- I have lived in Milton Keynes, France and Italy.
- I would love to live in Portugal.
- I am dedicated in my role as a parent governor to help the school reach its full potential.
- I am delighted to be the Staff Governor at Meadowhead Infant School. I have been a dedicated member of team Meadowhead for over 5 years now and have enjoyed a number of fulfilling roles in Key Stage 1 and across the wider school.
- More recently, I have joined the Year 2 team as a class teacher .
- Becoming a member of the governing body has added a new dimension to my role and created further opportunities for me to make a difference.
- I am the Maths Governor and play a role in the Governors' Policy Committee.
- I enjoy and thrive on the challenge that comes with every aspect of school life and am passionate about high quality education and each and every child reaching their full potential.
- Nothing but the best is good enough for the children and staff of Meadowhead Infant School.
School Business Manager
- Many of you may recognise me as the School Business Manger here at Meadowhead. I am a mum of 2 children, who keep me on my toes at home!
- Before I joined Meadowhead, I worked in the Travel Industry for 15 years and managed to travel to some wonderful places!
- I have been a part of the Meadowhead family since September 2014 and I joined the Governing Body, as a co-opted Governor, soon after in May 2016.
- As a parent and a School Business Manager, I bring a varied skill set to the Governors. My role in school ensures that I have knowledge of the business and finance aspects of the school as well as co-ordinating health and safety side of things. My role as a parent keeps me in touch with children and their needs. I hope that my wide range of knowledge and passion will help towards making positive decisions and change to Meadowhead Infant School in order for our children to gain the best education and start to their journey in life.
- I wish all children at Meadowhead to be happy, confident and achieve the best possible education.
- I live in the local area and my children have attended Meadowhead infants.
We have just appointed a new Co-opted governor and further details will follow shortly.
We also have one parent governor vacancy and one co-opted governor vacancy.
Mrs Allison Chadwick, the Headteacher of Meadowhead Junior School attends meetings as an observer and so does James Waddington, our Deputy Headteacher.
A Statement by the Governors
In the interests of transparency, all schools are required to publish an annual statement setting out the key issues that have been faced and addressed by the governing body over the last year, including an assessment of the impact of the governing body on the school.
Here is our annual report for 2017-18 and priorities for 2018-19.