Please click the links below to continue your child's education at home while they are self isolating. The class teacher will message you and provide further work from tomorrow onwards through the class dojo app.
To help your child continue the fantastic progress they are making in their phonics please watch the following videos,
Review all the learning so far by go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paS8SKIZUNM
Practice your oral blending by going to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKBslL5m73E
Practice your letter formation by going to https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zf2yf4j/articles/z4ycrj6
Help your child's counting by singing along to
and playing these interactive counting games
To further your child's understanding of key concepts in number please watch
Please listen to you child read their reading book and if they fancy doing more reading please go to https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/help-child-learn-age-4-5/ and choose another book to read.
Fine Motor Skills
To help your child have good fine motor skills and strengthen the muscles needed for handwriting whilst they are learning at home please try the following fun activities
- snipping paper
- cutting paper in a straight line
- cutting shapes such as a circle, a triangle or a square out of paper
- threading tubes of paste onto string or dried spaghetti
- using tweezers to pick up small items around the house and place in a container
- placing pegs onto cardboard
- make some play dough (see the recipe below) to squeeze, poke, flatten, prod, roll into a sausage etc.
When you have completed your learning at home please do not forget to send pictures to your class teacher through Class Dojo.